Monday, October 28, 2013

Lucy Foundation... Spay Neuter





Several months back, I visited the Camarillo Animal Shelter and spoke to Barry Fisher, the Chief Deputy Director of Ventura County Healthcare Agency. He gave me a tour of the facility. I was impressed with the genuine love for animals that the staff was showing.  Barry told me that the Camarillo Animal Shelter is a shelter that euthanizes for space and he desperately wants to be a “no-kill” shelter.  But the problem is that they adopt out 20 animals on the weekend, and pick up 30 animals during the week. It just doesn’t stop.
He told me that many people don’t spay and neuter their pets, so puppies and kittens just keep multiplying. There are many dogs and cats that roam the streets and keep reproducing. Unless people spay and neuter their pets, the problem is never going to stop.
I promised Barry that I was going to come up with a program that would not only help the problem in his area, but all around the country. That’s why the “Lucy Pet Foundation” was started.

-Joey Herrick
 Founder, Lucy Pet Foundation



No comments:

Post a Comment